1/19/2007

three sonnets in the soduku style

one.
In terms of apples, your last story was an orchard
I wandered through the trees
Picking the most delectable fruit.
I carried a ladder on my shoulder
and used it to climb the trees that were high.
I lay in the boughs,
reading,
up where the apples touched the sky.
In terms of clouds, your first story was a hurricane,
and the second, a nimbus- tightly wound,
but as for the last, well, the last was an orchard,
either in terms of apples,
or of clouds.

two.
The following woman is unscripted,
she trespassed on the shoot
and found her way into
a scene,
there- you can see her.
She's the one in the back wearing
the brown baret, the pageboy cap,
as though she had a part in the movie.
If you're not paying attention,
you don't even notice her,
she fits in, like, ,
but the studio would not have it,
'that woman was unscripted' they said,
'do the scene right'

three.
I realized suddenly,
that all my poems would have sounded
better, if Ogden Nash or W.H. Auden
filled the by-line
and included them in a collection
or on a recording
distinguished by their
aged voices.
My, this poem itself,
would seem an insight-
and of interest, if
only, Auden or Ogden
could have found the time
to read it.

No comments: